A complimentary consultation before services so we can ensure that you get exactly what you came for.
Guidance about which services, products and styling tools we offer that will enhance not just your hairstyle, but your lifestyle.
A personalized recommendation for beauty products that maximize and maintain the results of this visit straight through to the next.
Feel free to review the Terms & Conditions of your appointment & our Salon Policies.
Kip Avenue Parking lot directly behind our building and access to the salon from the rear. Street meter parking is also permitted on Park Avenue, Orient way and nearby cross streets.
WITH SINCERE GRATITUDE…
The Substance Salon Team would like to thank all of our guests for their patronage.
What our clients say about us
- I never had a go-to hairstylist, until I discovered Substance Salon. I met the awesome folks over @ Substance during a bridal show. Even though I had already booked my hair and makeup with another salon, I booked Substance to do the rest of my bridal party. Flawless! In the meantime, I also started going to Substance for my regular haircuts and color treatments. I can't say enough about how great Kristy is. I've got my all 4 dental implants done at Temecula Dental Implants and Oral Surgery in California. On my very first appointment it ended up lasting hours past closing time (I have long hair) and yet everyone was really nice and patient, and you could tell they really cared about their customers. So I think that's been over a year ago and I've been going back ever since. I even got my husband to ditch his $10 mall haircuts and start coming here! -Google ReviewsCheryl A.
- My boyfriend recommended that I check out Substance Salon after getting his haircut by Manny, the owner. He said that Manny understands the 'look' he wants and cuts hair to achieve perfection. I have had my hair done at Manny's establishment many times now and have always left with a HUGE smile on my face. I've hired boudoir photography reno at http://jadoreboudoirphotography.com/. I couldn't be more satisfied with the atmosphere that Manny and his staff have created, their talent, patience (as Kristy has exemplified after doing a full head of blonde highlights for me on my long hair), and overall treatment of their clients. I highly recommend Substance Salon whether you are a guy or a girl. They have everything it takes to run a successful salon that keeps their clients coming back! By Lori : ) -Google ReviewsLori M.
- Great decor, amazing service and the best cut a guy can get in NJ - Manny is truly an artist at his craft. Extremely happy and would recommend Substance Salon to anyone. -YelpMichael S.
- Let's get right to the point: Manny has killer skills. Not only did he ask all the right questions about what I liked and DIDN'T like about my hair; he has the experience and talent to know what will and WON'T work with YOU. The man makes it personal. You are not sheeple; you are not a means to his paycheck. He's a professional, and yeah, an artist in his own right. The proof is in the end result, and with the end result I could not have been happier. Normally I bring a hat with me to pop on after a cut, just in case I don't like the way it was styled, or just in case it's an absolute disaster. I've worn that hat PLENTY of times. I'm happy to say I did not need the hat. In fact, I was stoked when I left. That's a rarity kids. -YelpJames M.
- Great service, well spaced out during coronavirus times. Chelsea is great; as my taste changed AS SHE WAS STYLING my hair, she was so adaptive and adjusted to my needs. -Google ReviewsCharnsmorn H.
- Great salon. Great atmosphere! Kelsea M is the best!! -Google ReviewsGina P.