**PLEASE READ OUR “APPOINTMENT GUIDELINES DETAILED FOR SAFE & SUSTAINABLE SERVICES“**
We are honored you have given us the opportunity to provide you with the highest quality beauty / grooming services.
Your appointment is very important to us. We reserve each appointment especially for you.
Appointments must be cancelled 24 hour in advance by phone call. If an appointment is canceled within 24 hours, your credit card will be charged 100% of the service total. This applies to all no-show, cancelled, or rescheduled reservations with less than 24 hour notice.
We pride ourselves in having a professional staff and safe operations for our team and community. We proudly stand behind our work. If for any reason you are not satisfied, please bring it to our attention during the check out process of your visit. All purchases are final sale and we currently do not support a refund policy.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SERVING YOU SOON.
A complimentary consultation by one of our highly trained Service Providers.
Guidance about which services, products and styling tools we offer that will enhance not just your hairstyle, but your lifestyle.
A personalized recommendation for products that maximize and maintain the results of this visit straight through to the next.
Kip Avenue Parking lot directly behind our building. Our backdoor will not be open for entry. Please enter through the front door. Street meter parking is also permitted on Park Avenue, Orient way and nearby cross streets.
WITH SINCERE GRATITUDE…
The Substance Salon Team would like to thank you for Supporting our Home.[/fullwidth_text]
What our clients say about us
- I've been going to Substance for over 10 years now and have to say they are consistently my favorite - I always go back even if I try other places. The stylists and colorists are always the best in class with top training. The vibe of the salon is always upbeat, friendly, and professional. The environment of the salon is always clean and tidy with new decor. The front desk manager is always on point. The price tag is worth the service you receive! -Yelp
- I never had a go-to hairstylist, until I discovered Substance Salon. I met the awesome folks over @ Substance during a bridal show. Even though I had already booked my hair and makeup with another salon, I booked Substance to do the rest of my bridal party. Flawless! In the meantime, I also started going to Substance for my regular haircuts and color treatments. I can't say enough about how great Kristy is. On my very first appointment it ended up lasting hours past closing time (I have long hair) and yet everyone was really nice and patient, and you could tell they really cared about their customers. So I think that's been over a year ago and I've been going back ever since. I even got my husband to ditch his $10 mall haircuts and start coming here! -Google ReviewsCheryl A.
- Great decor, amazing service and the best cut a guy can get in NJ - Manny is truly an artist at his craft. Extremely happy and would recommend Substance Salon to anyone. -YelpMichael S.
- Great service and their pretty salon was spotless! Had to get a blowout last week and luckily they had a same day appointment. Friendly service and very cautious about COVID protocol- the staff was well trained. Nice blow out too . Will def go back, thank you ! -Yelp
- Great service, well spaced out during coronavirus times. Chelsea is great; as my taste changed AS SHE WAS STYLING my hair, she was so adaptive and adjusted to my needs. -Google ReviewsCharnsmorn H.
- Let's get right to the point: Manny has killer skills. Not only did he ask all the right questions about what I liked and DIDN'T like about my hair; he has the experience and talent to know what will and WON'T work with YOU. The man makes it personal. You are not sheeple; you are not a means to his paycheck. He's a professional, and yeah, an artist in his own right. The proof is in the end result, and with the end result I could not have been happier. Normally I bring a hat with me to pop on after a cut, just in case I don't like the way it was styled, or just in case it's an absolute disaster. I've worn that hat PLENTY of times. I'm happy to say I did not need the hat. In fact, I was stoked when I left. That's a rarity kids. -YelpJames M.